The Transportation Department can be contacted at (909) 628-1201, extension 1525.
· Regular home-to-school transportation services
· Transportation services for qualified special needs and 504 students
· Essential transportation services resulting from student overflow
· Temporary transportation services for McKinney-Vento homeless students
· Transportation services in support of Cal-Safe parenting students
· Transportation services involving school activity trips and athletic contests
· General maintenance of District vehicles and fuel powered equipment
· Provide vital school bus information via the “School Bus Rider’s Handbook"
On average, Chino Valley Unified School District Drivers safely transport a whopping 575,000 students, 700,000 miles annually. The yellow school bus is without a doubt the single safest mode of student transportation to and from school and school activities. According to the National Safety Council, school buses are:
• 172 times safer than the family car
• 8 times safer than passenger trains
• 8 times safer than scheduled airlines
• 4 times safer than intercity transit buses